1. Salon creates a dinner menu based on food made by children’s toys such as the Big Burger Grill and Chuck E. Cheese pizza oven. A Snoopy Sno Cone makes an excellent palate cleanser between courses… (Salon)
2. I used to love birthday parties when I was a kid in the late 70′s and early 80′s. Usually they involved homemade birthday cake, pizza and a rousing game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. Unfortunately, that wouldn’t quite cut it at these stylish parties: 10 Great Kids Party Ideas. (The Daily Meal).
3. If you enjoy Tim Hortons’ Roll-Up-the-Rim contest, you’re going to love what happened at Starbuck’s: Last week a man walked into a Boston area Starbuck’s yelling, “I’m rich, I’m rich!” and threw around $100 bills before calmly walking out (the money was collected by staff and donated to Japanese relief efforts). (The Consumerist)
4. If you’re looking for an excuse to celebrate something today, it’s International Waffle Day! Why not whip up some Gingerbread Waffles or Crispy Waffles with Salted Caramel Coulis (or just doctor up some Eggos with a delicious topping). (The Independent, Toronto Star)
5. Tired of the same old thing and are looking for something different when dining out? You might want to try one of America’s Weirdest Restaurants. Some of the unusual dining destinations include a restaurant in a cave and a Martian-themed resto (Bonus for South Park fans: Casa Bonita is real!) (The Daily Meal)
Have great weekend!