1. You know royal wedding fever is heating up when someone claims to have found a jelly bean that looks like bride-to-be Kate Middleton (it really kind of does!). (Yahoo)
2. Apparently Olive Garden’s ‘Tuscan Cooking School’, where they claim to train their chefs, is basically a sham. They just rent some rooms at a hotel and hold a few cooking classes in the kitchen. What?! You mean they aren’t learning how to make delicate handmade pastas from someone’s nonna, using the finest local ingredients? Shocking! (Slashfood)
3. Montrealers take their hockey very seriously (trust me!), especially during the playoffs. First, the French-language election debate was moved to accommodate game one of the Montreal Canadiens-Boston Bruins series. Now, Canadian-based Boston Pizza is temporarily changing the name of their 26 Montreal outposts to ‘Montreal Pizza’. Go Habs Go! (Bloomberg,Montreal Gazette)
4. In a move that is sure to be popular on college campuses, Taco Bell is experimenting with a new menu item: a taco shell made out of nacho cheese Doritos. (Food Beast)
5. Apparently a school in Seattle has asked people to call Easter eggs ‘spring spheres’ instead. Stephen Colbert is understandably outraged. (Toronto Star, Eater)
Have a great weekend!
(p.s. – if you’re American, you still have the weekend to pull together your taxes: they’re due Monday!)
The Friday Five will return on April 29th, 2011.