Things have been pretty quiet this December at The Seasonal Gourmet. I’ve been busy working on a project and getting ready for Christmas so there hasn’t been a lot of time for recipe development and baking (plus, for dietary reasons I’ve cut back on cookies and sweets this year). However, it is the season for entertaining family and friends so here’s an easy smoked salmon spread that is delicious on crackers. You can use reduced fat cream cheese and serve on cucumber rounds to lighten it up a little.
Smoked Salmon Spread
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 4 oz. (113 g) smoked salmon slices (about 5 slices)
- 1 package (250 g / 8 oz) light cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dill sprig, for garnish
- Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature. Cut into chunks and place in a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients and pulse until mixture is smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Serve with crackers or cucumber rounds.
Bon Appétit and Enjoy!