1. It’s that time of year again: the Butterball Turkey Hotline is gearing up for American Thanksgiving. They’ve answered such queries as ‘is it ok to cook a turkey over kitty litter?’ and counseled a clueless cook who tried to roast a turkey on a cookie sheet. (Aol News)
2. Getting married but finding that the costs are spinning out of control? Why not save thousands and have a McWedding: McDonald’s restaurants in Hong Kong are offering wedding packages which includes a cake made out of apple pies and Happy Meal toys as favors. (msnbc)
3. If you’ve ever nursed a headache and upset stomach after a night out, you’ll be happy to hear about one chef’s creation: Hangover Pizza.(Lemondrop)
4. The world’s oldest champagne was sampled this week and was described as having “an accent of mushrooms merged with sweet notes of honey”. It was pulled from a shipwreck in the Baltic Sea last summer and is expected to sell for more than $70,000 a bottle. (Yahoo)
5. If you ever been lured into making a recipe because of its promise that “you can have a meal on the table in less than half an hour!”, beware that it may actually take you much, much longer (p.s. – this is why I don’t put start-to-finish prep times on my recipes). (Slate.com)
Have a great weekend!