1. The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has come out with their list of unhealthiest cookbooks of 2010. Deep-fried bacon doughnuts, anyone? (Eater.com)
2. Many cities are famous for a particular dish, such as Philly cheesesteaks, Buffalo wings and Boston Cream Pie. Serious Eats highlights eight cities and their best dishes that aren’t famous yet. (Serious Eats)
3. Check out some of the latest innovations in the world of drinks, including a bottle that acts as a decanter and wine packaged in test tubes for single-serve tastings. (The Daily Meal)
4. Speaking of futuristic innovations, can you imagine getting a tweet from your scale telling you you’ve put on weight? Surfing the net on your fridge? The future is now… (CNN.com)
5. If you’re looking for extra incentive to lose weight this year, you might want to pick up a copy of Neil Setchfield’s ‘Yuck! The Things People Eat’. Photos of such delicacies as stir-fried tarantulas and Korean penis fish are likely to dampen your appetite. (Montreal Gazette)
Have a great weekend!