1. I used to love my Easy Bake Oven when I was a kid. With the end of incandescent lighting nearing, Hasbro is re-vamping the ovens, depriving future generations of the joy of eating half-baked brownies they proudly cooked by the heat of a lightbulb. (Salon)
2. Do you remember the McDLT? It was innovative because it kept ‘the hot side hot and the cool side cool’, which apparently was an issue with hamburgers. Re-visit other ill-advised ideas with these fifteen Fast Food Failures. (CNBC.com)
3. Speaking of McDonald’s, there were rumors this week that they would be rolling out the McLobster across the U.S. Alas, the stories were false but the elusive McLobster is sometimes available in parts of New England and Eastern Canada. (Huffington Post)
4. If you turned on the tv or radio this week, you probably heard about actor Charlie Sheen’s mad rants. Now you can whip up a timely tabloid-themed drink for your next party: The Charlie Sheen. I’m guessing it will leave a bad taste in your mouth… (The Daily Meal)
5. In honour of the second anniversary of his talk show, Jimmy Fallon was given his own ice cream flavour by Ben and Jerry’s. He joins other celebrities with their own flavours including Elton John, Stephen Colbert and of course, Jerry Garcia. SlashFood reviewed the concoction, which is made with a vanilla base, a salty caramel swirl and clusters of fudge-covered potato chip clusters. (Eater.com. slashfood.com)
Have a great weekend!