After a brief hiatus, The Friday Five is back!
A weekly round up food and drink-related news stories:
1. Looking for a fun, food-filled road trip this summer? Then check out these 50 State Dinners (Plus One). I love the idea of following the Kentucky Bourbon Trail (No. 18) or enjoying fried chicken in North Carolina (No. 34) but I think I might pass on West Virginia (No. 49). (Grub Street)
2. If you enjoy pop tarts, you’ll love this restaurant in California: they have house-made ‘pop tarts’ featuring seasonal fruit on their menu! (Huffington Post)
3. I have never liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I know, I was a weird kid) so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I read about a new invention called a Candwich. They are PB&J sandwiches that come in a can and supposedly stay fresh for up to a year and “taste great”. I’ll take their word for it… (Bites on Today)
4. Everyone is familiar with cereal mascots such as Tony the Tiger and the Sugar Crisp Bear. College Humor imagines what would happen if boring cereals had mascots. I think Cal, the Regular Bowels Owl, sounds like he’d be a hoot. (College Humor).
5. A bar in NYC claims to serve cocktails that are good for your skin. Drinks such as the tequila-based Watermelon Kiss will supposedly help even out skin tone. It sounds a lot more fun than using a fancy face cream but dermatologists are understandably somewhat skeptical. (NYT)
Have a great weekend!